Introducing #BodiedBeats, a competition by Jesse James and The Blacksmithed for rap artists.
A total of 3 beats will be released for artists to download and for you to record over, and we will have a selection of well-established judges from EC’s creative scene to judge which rapper used the beats best.
The winner gets R1000 in cash!
Read below on the rules:
Who Can Enter
To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be S.A. residents, preferably but not exclusively living in the Eastern Cape.
How to Enter
- Entry online on THEBLACKSMITHED:
- Only one entry allowed per MC, per Song.
- To enter, log onto theblacksmithed.com, download The Bodied Beats, record at least TWO verses on the Beat(s) of your choice. Submit the recorded track to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contest starts on 09-09-19 and all entries must be received by THEBLACKSMITHED by close of business, 27-09-19.
- THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries.
- On 30-09-19, one (1) winner and two (2) runner-ups will be selected by a panel of independent judges.
- One (1) overall winner will be selected. That winner will receive a cash prize of
One Thousand Rands (R1000.00) as well as a live performance slot at
The Bay Hip Hop Festival.
- The top entries for each beat will be included in an EP to be released at a later stage.
- If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (4) days, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among remaining valid entries.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records.
THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, province or state taxes on prizes based on the estimated value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
- THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records are not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records are not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
- THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records reserve the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
- By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against THEBLACKSMITHED & Robert Ford Records and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.