The competition by Jesse James (Robert Ford Records) and The Blacksmithed for EC artists is back! This year we looking for more and we have bumped the cheese up!
A total of 3 beats will be released for artists to download and record over. We have a selection of well-established judges from EC’s creative scene to judge which rapper used the beats best. In order to promote social distancing, we have change the requirements to enter. All you have to do this year is record a video of yourself performing a verse and use the hashtag #BodiedBeats2020 when posting to social media.
The Beats used in this years competition has been supplied by TheAudioAnda, one of EC’s freshest beatmakers.
The winner gets R1500 in cash!
Read below on the rules:
Who Can Enter
To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be E.C. residents, preferably but not exclusively living in the Eastern Cape.
How to Enter
- Only one entry allowed per MC, per Song.
- To enter, download one of the beats, record yourself rapping at least ONE verse of your song on the Beat(s) of your choice (note: if you are crown the winner you must complete the song with at least TWO verses). Post the video to your social media and use the official hashtag #BodiedBeats2020.
- To ensure we get your entry, you can also send the link to your video to any our social media inboxes.
- The contest starts on 5 June 2020 and all entries must be received by us by 19 June 2020 @ 5pm
- On 24 June 2020, the judges will narrow it down to just ten entries.
- On 30 June 2020, one (1) winner will be crowned the #BodiedBeats2020 champ, who will be selected by a panel of independent judges.
One (1) overall winner will be selected. That winner will receive a cash prize of One Thousand Five Hundred Rands (R1500.00) as well as an interview on The Blacksmithed’s Instagram Live.
All the best with your entries!